Organic Thermal Footie in Pine
Our organic baby clothing is quite true to weight, and is designed to be form-fitting and tailored to the body. Since cotton shrinks after the first machine wash/dry, we account for this shrinkage by cutting our clothing slightly longer than intended, so that they shrink down to the correct size. This applies to our kids and adult clothing as well. As such, we do not recommend sizing up unless the wearer is extremely tall/large for his or her size. If you find that you like the length of the garment prior to washing it, we recommend line drying to retain that length. Otherwise, feel free to pop it in the dryer to shrink it down slightly to its intended fit.
|0-3 Months||7-12 lbs.|
|3-6 Months||12-16 lbs.|
|6-9 Months||16-19 lbs.|
|9-12 Months||19-22 lbs.|
|12-18 Months||22-25 lbs.|
|18-24 Months||25-28 lbs.|
Newborn versus 0-3m:
Our Preemie-NB size is intended for 4 to 7 pound babies, and fits quite accurately. Our 0-3m size is intended for 7-12 lbs. and while definitely fit longer and be a little bit roomier than NB sizes, still offers a nice tailored fit in the torso and arms.
That said, all of our clothing is cut a little long to account for the shrinkage that will occur after first machine wash and dry since our garments are made with organic cotton with no synthetic blends. If you are looking for a form-fitting coming home outfit or a newborn photos outfit, we recommend the newborn size, with the understanding that you might need to line dry it if you feel that it is going to be too small for your baby once machine washed/dried. Otherwise, if you have other children who were born bigger than 7 pounds, we would recommend going with size zero to three months, as it will last longer than the newborn size. It's really a preference as to what you are hoping to use it for (immediate versus longer-term fit). :-)
Our toddler and kids' sizes fit very true-to-age and are cut generously long. We do not recommend sizing up unless your little one is extremely tall or big for his or her age. Some shrinkage (in length only) will occur in the dryer, but again we already account for this by cutting extra long.
Adult Men's Sizes
Our men's styles can be worn by women as well! Simply size down.
Adult Women's Sizes
Sizes XS and S can fit young teens/preteens, with a slightly looser fit than women.
We hope this helps! Start shopping our collections of organic cotton baby clothing and accessories to find the perfect piece for your little one! Contact us today with any questions you may have, as we are always happy to help.
- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
- GOTS certified 100% organic cotton
- neck-to-ankle snap design (down one leg), for easy dressing/changing
- body-hugging fit to surely become your favorite outfit for any occasion/outing
- fold-over, mitt-sleeves (only in sizes preemie/nb, 0-3m, and 3-6m) for added warmth and protection from self-scratching *Please note that babies need sensory exploration and tactile stimulation every day, so be sure to leave little hands uncovered for a portion of the day :-)
- rubber-dotted grip soles on all sizes to prevent slipping
- thoughtfully designed with elastic on back of ankles for a stay-in-place fit
- pairs perfectly with our thermal knotted cap and blanket for the ultimate take-me-home outfit for this season
- tagless for added comfort against baby's skin
- chrome/lead/nickel-free snaps with decorative coconut inserts
- azo-free, non-toxic, eco-friendly dyes
- ethically made in India
- machine wash/dry
- we cut a little long to account for some shrinkage in length that may occur in the dryer
We also have thermal women's onesies!