One month before I became pregnant with my first child about 18 years ago, my mother, then age 46, was diagnosed with breast cancer. The news was devastating for me and my entire family. By the time little Arielle was born, I had heard and read extensively about the benefits of breastfeeding, for both mom and baby. As such, I set a goal for myself to nurse my daughter and future babies until they turned one year old. Finding it difficult to do so discretely in public, I created a nursing cover for my own personal use. Five years later, I began selling my nursing cover and L'ovedbaby eventually grew to include a full line of quality baby products. Thirteen years later, I am proud to say that L’ovedbaby is recognized for our award-winning products and exceptional customer service.
— Sharon Oved, Founder
When we launched our Cotton Basics Collection™ of conventional cotton clothing in 2005, our number one goal was to provide safe, minimally-processed, 100% cotton garments. That meant no harsh added chemicals, no dangerous flame retardants, and the use of safe and gentle dyes.
After much research, we discovered the added benefits of transitioning this Cotton Basics Collection™ to 100% certified ORGANIC cotton. Organic is not only safer for our little customers and the environment, but equally important for the cotton farmers who suffer the risk of serious illnesses brought on by close contact with the many carcinogenic pesticides still used in conventional cotton farming today.
Many of these farmers are parents themselves, and we want them to be around for their little ones. So, we've taken this first step toward creating a better environment for everyone...and we thank you for joining us on this important journey.
How ORGANIC are we?
- Our garments don't contain any toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde, aromatic solvents, functional nano particles, or genetically modified organisms (GMO).
- We don't use Azo dyes that release carcinogenic amine compounds.
- Our trims and snaps conform to strict standards (e.g. no PVC, nickel or chrome permitted).
- Even the packaging of our garments does not include PVC plastics or other harmful material.
In the factories that manufacture our goods:
- employment is freely chosen
- there is freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- working conditions are safe and hygienic
- child labor is prohibited
- living wages are paid
- working hours are not excessive
- discrimination is prohibited
- harsh or inhumane treatment is prohibited